Crime
15-year-old boy killed after shooting at Magnolia Pointe Apartments in Durham
A witness reported that the boy had been playing in the snow at the time of the shooting.

Durham police are conducting an investigation into a tragic shooting on Saturday that claimed the life of a 15-year-old boy, identified as AJ.
At approximately 2:40 p.m., officers responded to reports of a gunshot wound at the Magnolia Pointe Apartments, located in the 4800 block of Danube Lane.
Upon arrival, officers discovered a young boy suffering from a gunshot wound. Emergency Medical Services transported the victim to a local hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
At the scene, investigators placed 20 evidence markers on the ground, indicating the extent of the crime scene.
A witness reported that the boy had been playing in the snow at the time of the shooting.
“A child should be able to play in the snow,” said Mayor Leonardo Williams. “I’ve gone from being sad to just mad as hell. I’m deeply frustrated.”
The incident has left the community in shock, with many residents expressing their sorrow and outrage on social media.
“It’s heartbreaking that children cannot simply be children in this town,” one resident wrote. “Praying for this child’s family and anyone who witnessed this trauma.”
Another community member shared, “Lord, please pray for his mama and sister.”
Mayor Williams echoed these sentiments, expressing both his frustration and his commitment to addressing the city’s public safety challenges.
“I share the concerns of our residents,” Mayor Williams stated. “Public safety is being overlooked, and the systems designed to protect us are not functioning as they should. We need to adopt a proactive approach to public safety, and a key part of that is investing in our children.”
Durham police are urging anyone with information about the shooting to come forward. Investigator J. Smith can be reached at 919-560-4440 ext. 29365. Tips can also be submitted anonymously through Crime Stoppers by visiting durhamcrimestoppers.org or calling 919-683-1200.
The investigation is ongoing, and further updates will be provided as more information becomes available.
Crime
Victim Killed in Northwest Side Phone Repair Store Shooting Identified as 35-Year-Old Cody Bell

San Antonio police are investigating a fatal shooting that occurred at a phone repair store on the Northwest Side, resulting in the deaths of two men.
The incident took place around 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday in the 11800 block of Bandera Road, near Loop 1604.
According to authorities, the altercation began when a customer, dissatisfied with the repair service, engaged in a verbal dispute with an employee.
As the confrontation escalated, it turned physical.
At one point, police said the customer produced a firearm and shot the employee.
In response, a second employee retrieved his own firearm and shot the customer.
Both the initial victim and the customer sustained fatal injuries and were pronounced dead.
The employee who was killed has been identified as 35-year-old Cody Bell.
The second employee involved in the shooting is cooperating with investigators and is not currently facing charges, police confirmed.
The investigation remains ongoing as authorities review evidence and statements to determine the circumstances surrounding the shooting.