Connect with us

Crime

39-year-old David Orr killed after shooting outside Staples store in Coos Bay

Published

on

39-year-old David Orr killed after shooting outside Staples store in Coos Bay Newmark Avenue Oregon
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

COOS BAY, Ore. — A suspect is in custody following a fatal shooting that occurred Sunday afternoon in the parking lot of a retail business in Coos Bay, according to the Coos Bay Police Department (CBPD).

Police said officers were dispatched shortly before 2 p.m. on December 28 to reports of a shooting outside the Staples store on Newmark Avenue.

Upon arrival, officers located an adult male suffering from gunshot wounds. Despite immediate life-saving efforts by CBPD officers and responding medical personnel, the victim was pronounced deceased at the scene.

Authorities later identified the victim as David Orr, 39, of Coos Bay.

Witnesses provided officers with a description and license plate number of the suspect vehicle, which enabled law enforcement to quickly locate it.

Advertisement

A North Bend Police Department officer spotted the vehicle a short time later near 33rd Street and Vine Avenue. Coos Bay officers responded to the location, detained two occupants, and subsequently arrested the suspected shooter without incident.

The Coos County Major Crime Team has been activated and is now leading the investigation. Due to the ongoing nature of the case, police said the identity of the suspect will not be released until after arraignment, which is expected later this week.

The suspect is currently being held at the Coos County Jail on unrelated charges, pending further legal proceedings.

CBPD credited the swift response and coordinated efforts of multiple agencies, including the North Bend Police Department, Oregon State Police, tribal law enforcement partners, Coos Bay Fire Department, Bay Cities Ambulance, and county officials, for their assistance during the incident.

The investigation remains active, and authorities emphasized that additional information will be released as it becomes officially confirmed.

Advertisement

“This is a developing situation,” police said in a statement. “Our thoughts are with the victim’s family and all those affected by this tragic incident.”

The public is urged to rely on verified updates from law enforcement as the case progresses.


Crime

Investigators Believe Nancy Guthrie Removed From Her Home and Likely Concealed or Disposed of Within a Two-Hour Drive

Published

on

Investigators Believe Nancy Guthrie Was Removed From Her Home and Likely Concealed or Disposed of Within a Two-Hour Drive
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

TUCSON, Ariz. — As the investigation into the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie continues, analysis of the known timeline suggests she was most likely removed from her residence between approximately 2:30 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. local Tucson time.

Based on that estimated window, investigators and independent analysts believe that if Guthrie was transported from her home, the suspect would have had sufficient time to conceal her or dispose of her remains within a two-hour driving radius of Tucson before first light.

Twilight on Sunday, February 1, 2026, began at approximately 5:40 a.m., providing a limited but significant period of darkness during which a suspect could have traveled undetected.

This geographic radius would encompass large areas of remote desert terrain, rural roadways, mountainous regions, and sparsely populated land across southern Arizona.

Law enforcement has not publicly confirmed a specific search zone but has emphasized that remote areas remain a focus of investigative efforts.

Advertisement

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department have been working jointly on the case.

As previously announced, federal authorities recently released four images recovered from Nancy Guthrie’s home surveillance system, including images depicting a masked individual believed to be connected to the case.

Investigators have stated that over the course of eight days, they worked closely with private-sector technology partners to recover digital evidence that may have been lost, corrupted, or rendered inaccessible. Authorities indicated that certain recording devices may have been removed from the home, complicating early evidence collection efforts.

Officials have not publicly confirmed whether Guthrie is deceased, and the case remains classified as a missing person investigation. However, the working theory that she was forcibly removed from her residence during the early morning hours has guided search efforts.

Investigators have emphasized that locations where a victim may have been concealed or transported could still contain critical forensic evidence. If Nancy Guthrie was taken to a secondary location within the estimated timeframe, it is possible that trace evidence — including DNA belonging to both the victim and the perpetrator — could remain recoverable.

Advertisement

Identifying any site containing a combination of Nancy Guthrie’s DNA and that of a suspect would represent a significant breakthrough in the case and could substantially assist law enforcement in determining what occurred.

Authorities continue to urge anyone with information about Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance to come forward. Even seemingly minor details — including unusual vehicle activity, suspicious behavior, or knowledge of remote locations accessed during the early morning hours of February 1 — could prove vital.

Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

The investigation remains active and ongoing.


Advertisement
Continue Reading