Connect with us

Crime

Video Identifies ICE Agent in Fatal Shooting of Woman in Minneapolis

Published

on

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — A woman was shot and killed by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officer Wednesday in south Minneapolis during what federal officials described as a targeted immigration enforcement operation, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

DHS confirmed the shooting occurred as part of what it called the largest ICE immigration enforcement operation in Minnesota’s history, involving thousands of federal agents across the Twin Cities.

Multiple law enforcement agencies responded to the scene near 33rd Street and Portland Avenue, where a heavy federal and local police presence was established.

Minneapolis officials later identified the deceased as a 37-year-old white woman who was alone in her vehicle at the time of the incident.

Authorities have not released her name.

Advertisement

In a statement posted on X, DHS alleged that the woman attempted to use her vehicle as a weapon against officers.

“ICE officers in Minneapolis were conducting targeted operations when rioters began blocking ICE officers and one of these violent rioters weaponized her vehicle, attempting to run over our law enforcement officers in an attempt to kill them,” DHS said. “An ICE officer, fearing for his life, the lives of his fellow law enforcement, and the safety of the public, fired defensive shots.”

DHS stated that the woman was struck and pronounced deceased, and that several officers were injured, though their injuries were not life-threatening and they are expected to recover. Officials did not confirm whether the woman was the target of an ICE warrant.

Video from the scene shows a burgundy SUV with a bullet hole through the driver’s side windshield. The vehicle had crashed into a light pole, and two nearby parked vehicles were also damaged.

Local officials acknowledged the incident and urged residents to avoid the area. The Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office said it was assisting at the scene but was not directly involved in the shooting. Minneapolis city officials confirmed the involvement of federal law enforcement.

The incident occurred amid heightened tensions following the launch of a large-scale immigration enforcement operation announced by DHS earlier in the week. The operation reportedly involved approximately 2,000 agents and officers and was linked, in part, to federal investigations involving alleged fraud in the Somali community.

Advertisement

As news of the shooting spread, large crowds of protesters gathered near the scene. Demonstrators voiced anger toward federal authorities, and at times the situation became volatile, with reports of confrontations and objects being thrown. Law enforcement officers deployed crowd-control measures, including pepper spray and tear gas, to maintain order.

Several witnesses provided accounts of the moments leading up to the shooting.

Emily Heller, who lives near the intersection, said she was awakened by commotion and observed what appeared to be a confrontation involving federal agents and a woman in a vehicle blocking traffic.

Heller said she heard agents telling the driver to leave the area.

“She was trying to turn around, and the ICE agent was in front of her car,” Heller said. “He pulled out a gun, put it right up on the hood of the car, and then reached across and shot her in the face three or four times.”

Heller said the vehicle then accelerated approximately 100 feet before striking a utility pole and other cars. She reported that the woman appeared slumped over inside the vehicle after the crash.

Advertisement

Another witness near East 34th Street and Portland Avenue said they saw emergency responders performing CPR on an injured person before that individual was transported by ambulance.

Additional observers suggested the woman may have been acting as an observer or protester, possibly filming immigration enforcement activity.

One resident, Venus DeMars, said she went outside after hearing reports of federal activity near Central Elementary School, where agents were reportedly detaining parents who were dropping off a child earlier in the day.

“I live right here, so I came over to try to figure out what was going on,” DeMars said. “Later I heard that someone had been shot and went to the intersection. I saw them doing CPR behind a snowbank for about a minute. Then the ambulances came and they loaded her onto a stretcher.”

DeMars said she did not witness the shooting itself and could not confirm who fired the weapon or the precise circumstances.

She described the woman as white and said she appeared to be a bystander rather than someone being detained.

Advertisement

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz said his public safety team is aware of the ICE-related shooting and is monitoring the situation.

“In the meantime, I ask folks to remain calm,” Walz said.

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey also confirmed the involvement of a federal immigration agent and criticized the federal presence.

“The presence of federal immigration enforcement agents is causing chaos in our city,” Frey said. “We are demanding that ICE leave the city immediately. We stand rock solid with our immigrant and refugee communities.”

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials, including Commander Gregory Bovino, were reported to be present at the scene.

Authorities have not yet released information about whether body-worn camera footage or other video evidence is being reviewed.

The incident remains under active investigation by federal authorities, and additional details are expected as the inquiry continues.

Advertisement

Crime

Investigators Believe Nancy Guthrie Removed From Her Home and Likely Concealed or Disposed of Within a Two-Hour Drive

Published

on

Investigators Believe Nancy Guthrie Was Removed From Her Home and Likely Concealed or Disposed of Within a Two-Hour Drive
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

TUCSON, Ariz. — As the investigation into the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie continues, analysis of the known timeline suggests she was most likely removed from her residence between approximately 2:30 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. local Tucson time.

Based on that estimated window, investigators and independent analysts believe that if Guthrie was transported from her home, the suspect would have had sufficient time to conceal her or dispose of her remains within a two-hour driving radius of Tucson before first light.

Twilight on Sunday, February 1, 2026, began at approximately 5:40 a.m., providing a limited but significant period of darkness during which a suspect could have traveled undetected.

This geographic radius would encompass large areas of remote desert terrain, rural roadways, mountainous regions, and sparsely populated land across southern Arizona.

Law enforcement has not publicly confirmed a specific search zone but has emphasized that remote areas remain a focus of investigative efforts.

Advertisement

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department have been working jointly on the case.

As previously announced, federal authorities recently released four images recovered from Nancy Guthrie’s home surveillance system, including images depicting a masked individual believed to be connected to the case.

Investigators have stated that over the course of eight days, they worked closely with private-sector technology partners to recover digital evidence that may have been lost, corrupted, or rendered inaccessible. Authorities indicated that certain recording devices may have been removed from the home, complicating early evidence collection efforts.

Officials have not publicly confirmed whether Guthrie is deceased, and the case remains classified as a missing person investigation. However, the working theory that she was forcibly removed from her residence during the early morning hours has guided search efforts.

Investigators have emphasized that locations where a victim may have been concealed or transported could still contain critical forensic evidence. If Nancy Guthrie was taken to a secondary location within the estimated timeframe, it is possible that trace evidence — including DNA belonging to both the victim and the perpetrator — could remain recoverable.

Advertisement

Identifying any site containing a combination of Nancy Guthrie’s DNA and that of a suspect would represent a significant breakthrough in the case and could substantially assist law enforcement in determining what occurred.

Authorities continue to urge anyone with information about Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance to come forward. Even seemingly minor details — including unusual vehicle activity, suspicious behavior, or knowledge of remote locations accessed during the early morning hours of February 1 — could prove vital.

Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

The investigation remains active and ongoing.


Advertisement
Continue Reading